Something which has apparently been known in Cancer Research circles, has been formally announced to the public.
“Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory” posted by the National Cancer Institue at cancer.gov
Photo courtesy of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service
The info below is from the website of the National Cancer Institute (https://www.cancer.gov)
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®)–Patient Version
- Questions and Answers About Cannabis
- Current Clinical Trials
- About This PDQ Summary
- General CAM Information
- Evaluation of CAM Therapies
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider About CAM
- To Learn More About CAM
- View All Sections
- Cannabis , also known as marijuana, is a plant grown in many parts of the world which produces a resin containing compounds called cannabinoids. Some cannabinoids are psychoactive (acting on the brain and changing mood or consciousness) (see Question 1).
- The use of Cannabis for medicinal purposes dates back to ancient times (see Question 3).
- By federal law, the possession of Cannabis is illegal in the United States outside of approved research settings. However, a growing number of states, territories, and the District of Columbia have enacted laws to legalize medical marijuana (see Question 1).
- In the United States, Cannabis is a controlled substance requiring special licensing for its use (see Question 1 and Question 3).
- Cannabinoids are active chemicals in Cannabis that cause drug -like effects throughout the body, including the central nervous system and the immune system (see Question 2).
- The main active cannabinoid in Cannabis is delta-9-THC. Another active cannabinoid is cannabidiol (CBD), which may relieve pain, lower inflammation, and decrease anxiety without causing the “high” of delta-9-THC (see Question 2).
- Cannabinoids can be taken by mouth, inhaled, or sprayed under the tongue (see Question 5).
- Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in the laboratory and the clinic for relief of pain, nausea and vomiting, anxiety, and loss of appetite (see Question 6 and Question 7).
- Cannabis and cannabinoids may have benefits in treating the symptoms of cancer or the side effects of cancer therapies. There is growing interest in treating children for symptoms such as nausea with Cannabis and cannabinoids, although studies are limited (see Question 7).
- Two cannabinoids (dronabinol and nabilone) are drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the prevention or treatment of chemotherapy -related nausea and vomiting (see Question 7 and Question 10).
- Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory (see Question 6).
- At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest Cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy (see Question 7).
- Cannabis is not approved by the FDA for use as a cancer treatment (see Question 9).
******* end of post from cancer.gov *******
The following are additional links with info related to Cannabis and THC being able to kill Cancer Cells:
Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids
Cannabinoid Receptor Ligands Mediate Growth Inhibition & Cell Death In Mantle Cell Lymphoma
Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Induces Apoptosis in Human Prostate PC-3 Cells via a Receptor-Independent Mechanism
Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma
Cannabinoid Receptors As Novel Targets for the Treatment of Melanoma
Dr. Dominic D’Agostino is an Assistant Professor at the University of South Florida College Of Medicine, Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology where he develops and tests Metabolic Therapies, including alternative energy substrates and ketogenic agents for neurological disorders, Cancer and wound healing.
While studying the effects of gasses on the brains of Navy Seal divers, he developed an approach for metabolically starving Cancer Cells through diet and compressed oxygen, replacing chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation.
Video is courtesy of the TEDx Talks YouTube channel
Click on this link to visit the official US Government PubMed site to view research findings published by Dr. Dominic D’Agostino titled “Press-pulse: a novel therapeutic strategy for the metabolic management of cancer.”
Click on this link to visit the official site of Dr. Dominic D’Agostino.
Posted by Vincent Banial
The above link is from our new blog called Uniquely Cannabis. It’s the first post, with more to come.
Main focus of Uniquely Cannabis will be Medical Cannabis / Marijuana. The reason for creating it was that I had read that Cannabis could help those suffering from different Cancers including Leukemia.
I hope that the site will become an infobase about Medical Cannabis / Marijuana to help inform people. I had watched someone take their final breath, because they had Leukemia and nothing helped. Wish that I had known about Cannabis Oil. It might have helped. If it did, then life would have been vastly different.
Posted by Vincent Banial
In Dec 2015 Gord Downie, of band The Tragically Hip, was diagnosed with Terminal Brain Cancer known as Glioblastoma. He’s just a tad over 50 years old.
I have an idea what his family, friends and band mates are going thru. I’ve watched someone deteriorate and die due to Cancer. My heart goes out to them and to Gord. It’s one hell of diagnosis for anyone to receive.
The Tragically Hip are discussing doing one final tour this summer.
Click n the link below to read the article posted on the Business Standard website, about a new Contagious for of Cancer which has been discovered.
Cancer is “very rarely” contagious. I believe that there exist only about 2 or 3 forms of cancer, which can survive the move from the original Host body to the Next Host body.
Posted by: Vincent Banial
Disclaimer: Any Trademarks mentioned in this post are owned by the respective Trademark owner. There could be unintentional errors or omissions in this post. Always refer to the official sites to confirm details and any ongoing changes or updates. This post is subject to change without notice. Posting links is covered under the Fair Use Provision of Copyright. Permission was also granted by the Business Standard site to share their post link.