You no longer need to grow a Marijuana plant to extract THC and CBD. You can get both by using Brewer’s Yeast and Sugar. You also get purer products. For example you can make CBD without the worry of it also containing THC.
This is revolutionary. It could eliminate huge Marijuana plant grow operations. It could also produce Cannabinoids which cannot be obtained from Marijuana plants. The consistency and purity of the produced product can be regulated to be uniform from batch to batch. This new process offers great potential in finding, via Medical Research Studies, new medical benefits of THC, CBD and other Cannabinoids.
Cristina Sánchez has been studying Cannabis for fifteen years at Complutense University in Madrid Spain. She has discovered that THC from Cannabis can kill Cancer cells.
Being able to produce Medical Cannabis products like THC in a pure form using Brewer’s Yeast opens up a lot of potential in the Medical field as you can maintain purity and quality in each batch produced. For example, there have been documented cases of patients who have seizures and are helped by CBD. You also eliminate the potential use of Pesticides in Plant Grow Operations.
Click on this link to visit the ScienceDaily website to read the newly published research from the University of California – Berkeley: “Yeast produce low-cost, high-quality cannabinoids.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 27 February 2019. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190227131838.htm>.
Click on this link to visit the website of the journal Nature and read the abstract of the February 27 2019 published research article titled: “Complete biosynthesis of cannabinoids and their unnatural analogues in yeast“.
Click on this link to visit the ScienceDaily website to read the research report titled: “Benefits of medical marijuana for treatment of epilepsy examined“
Click on this link to visit the Bloomberg website to read their page about Demetrix Inc.
The information provided about cannabis is for informational purposes only. Please consult your physician before making any medical decisions.
Posted by Vincent Banial
Something which has apparently been known in Cancer Research circles, has been formally announced to the public.
“Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory” posted by the National Cancer Institue at cancer.gov
Photo courtesy of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service
The info below is from the website of the National Cancer Institute (https://www.cancer.gov)
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®)–Patient Version
- Questions and Answers About Cannabis
- Current Clinical Trials
- About This PDQ Summary
- General CAM Information
- Evaluation of CAM Therapies
- Questions to Ask Your Health Care Provider About CAM
- To Learn More About CAM
- View All Sections
- Cannabis , also known as marijuana, is a plant grown in many parts of the world which produces a resin containing compounds called cannabinoids. Some cannabinoids are psychoactive (acting on the brain and changing mood or consciousness) (see Question 1).
- The use of Cannabis for medicinal purposes dates back to ancient times (see Question 3).
- By federal law, the possession of Cannabis is illegal in the United States outside of approved research settings. However, a growing number of states, territories, and the District of Columbia have enacted laws to legalize medical marijuana (see Question 1).
- In the United States, Cannabis is a controlled substance requiring special licensing for its use (see Question 1 and Question 3).
- Cannabinoids are active chemicals in Cannabis that cause drug -like effects throughout the body, including the central nervous system and the immune system (see Question 2).
- The main active cannabinoid in Cannabis is delta-9-THC. Another active cannabinoid is cannabidiol (CBD), which may relieve pain, lower inflammation, and decrease anxiety without causing the “high” of delta-9-THC (see Question 2).
- Cannabinoids can be taken by mouth, inhaled, or sprayed under the tongue (see Question 5).
- Cannabis and cannabinoids have been studied in the laboratory and the clinic for relief of pain, nausea and vomiting, anxiety, and loss of appetite (see Question 6 and Question 7).
- Cannabis and cannabinoids may have benefits in treating the symptoms of cancer or the side effects of cancer therapies. There is growing interest in treating children for symptoms such as nausea with Cannabis and cannabinoids, although studies are limited (see Question 7).
- Two cannabinoids (dronabinol and nabilone) are drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the prevention or treatment of chemotherapy -related nausea and vomiting (see Question 7 and Question 10).
- Cannabis has been shown to kill cancer cells in the laboratory (see Question 6).
- At this time, there is not enough evidence to recommend that patients inhale or ingest Cannabis as a treatment for cancer-related symptoms or side effects of cancer therapy (see Question 7).
- Cannabis is not approved by the FDA for use as a cancer treatment (see Question 9).
******* end of post from cancer.gov *******
The following are additional links with info related to Cannabis and THC being able to kill Cancer Cells:
Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids
Cannabinoid Receptor Ligands Mediate Growth Inhibition & Cell Death In Mantle Cell Lymphoma
Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Induces Apoptosis in Human Prostate PC-3 Cells via a Receptor-Independent Mechanism
Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma
Cannabinoid Receptors As Novel Targets for the Treatment of Melanoma
This TEDx Talk is titled “Making Peace with Cannabis“. It features Zach Walsh, PhD, who is an Assistant Professor in the UBC Department of Psychology and Co-Director for the Centre for the Advancement of Psychological Science and Law. He is also involved in a current study at UBC which is investigating treating PTSD using Medical Cannabis.
Video is courtesy of the TEDx Talks YouTube channel
The Parents “were putting Cannabinoid Oil on the baby’s pacifier twice a day, increasing the dose… And within two months there was a dramatic reduction”.
“Dr. Courtney pointed out that the success of the Cannabis approach means that “this child, because of that, is not going to have the long-term side effects that would come from a very high dose of chemotherapy or radiation“”.
Video is courtesy of the Lincoln Horsley YouTube channel
Posted by Vincent Banial