Friday August 7th
The CHCH Mainstage
Lost In Film
Men Without Hats
The CNE is just around the corner in August. Lots to do there. In the evenings there are great Concerts held at the CNE Bandshell. The following is a list performers in 2019. All Programming Subject to Change. Always confirm with the CNE when purchasing your tickets.
Fri Aug 16:
– Spencer Burton opens at around 7:30 pm
– Burton Cummings and Band.
Sat Aug 17: Woodstock Tribute Weekend
– A Little Piece of My Heart – Janis Joplin Tribute – starts at around 2:30 pm
– Green River Revival – a CCR Tribute band – 3:30pm
– Everyday People – Tribute to Sly and the Family Stone – 4:30pm
– The Last Waltz – a tribute to the Band – 7:30pm
Sun Aug 18: Woodstock Tribute Weekend continues
– Abraxas – tribute to Carlos Santana – 2:30pm
– Mars Hotel – a tribute to The Grateful Dead – 3:30pm
– Mad Dogs and the Englishman – tribute to Joe Cocker and Leon Russell – 4:30pm
– Woodstock 50th Anniversary Band – 7:30pm
Mon Aug 19:
– in the evening The Standstills will open at 7:30pm
– then Rival Sons will hit the Bandshell stage. They have toured with the Stones and GnR
Video Courtesy of the RivalSons YouTube channel
Tue Aug 20:
– Ryan James opening at 7:30pm
– Johnny Orlando
Wed Aug 21:
– Jay Douglas Opening at 7:30pm
– Ken Boothe
Thu Aug 22:
– Tyler Shaw and Delaney Jane – starts at 7:30pm
Fri Aug 23:
– Cory James Mitchell Band open at 7:30pm
– April Wine – they have been performing for 50 years.
Video courtesy of the UniDisc Music YouTube channel
Sat Aug 24:
– Jann Arden performs – starting at 7:30pm
Sun Aug 25:
– Meghan Patrick and Aaron Goodvin – starting at 7:30pm
Video courtesy of the Meghan Patrick YouTube channel
Mon Aug 26:
– Logan Staats – opens at 7:30pm
– Buffy Sainte-Marie
Tues Aug 27:
– Boy Story – a Chinese Hip-Hop group – starting at 7:30pm
Wed Aug 28:
– Ossie Gurley and The Truth opening – starting at 7:30pm
– David Rudder and The Contraband
Thu Aug 29:
– Dave Sampson opening – starting at 7:30pm
– Howard Jones
Fri Aug 30:
– Jon Vinyl Opens – starting at 7:30pm
Video courtesy of the MAGIC! YouTube channel
Sat Aug 31:
– Gabriela Bee opens – starting at 7:30pm
– Walk Off The Earth
Sun Sept 01:
– nêhiyawak opens – starting at 7:30pm
– A Tribe Called Red
Posted by Vincent Banial
The Festival of Friends is without a doubt the best Music Festival that I have ever covered. It is held every year, now at the Ancaster Fairgrounds.
The Festival of Friends is not just about Music. It is more like an amazing shorter and smaller version of the CNE. There is a Midway. There are all sorts of really good food vendors. There are halls where things like Automobiles are on display. Of course there is a Beer Garden.
The Main Stage is at the lower end of a small hill. Great line of sight from front to back and from the sides.
Lots of on-site parking, except when one the Bands lands on the cover of Rolling Stone and there is another huge band set to play the same night. I’m thinking about a few years back, when The Sheepdogs were scheduled to play on a Friday night at the Festival of Friends. They had just hit the big time making the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine.
The festival had more visitors in that one night, than they usually got during all three days. Cars were parked all the way up to Hwy 403. The huge festival parking lots were jammed full.
I was incredibly lucky to have gotten there in the day time, before the madness started. People were flowing in the festival grounds until the bands started started playing. The Security people which take care of the Photogs were all stunned at the massively huge turnout. I heard numbers over 50K, up to around 75K people.
In a perfectly Canadian way, the evening went down without any incident that I was aware of. The fans Rock N Rolled and enjoyed the shows.
The Festival of Friends posted their show schedules earlier this week. Please mark your calendars. This is a Music Festival that is really worth going to. Superbly organized. Safe and Family Friendly. Always an amazing list of bands which will hit the stage at the FOF.
So without further typos from Moi, the following is the latest Festival of Friends Schedule:
Posted by: Vincent Banial for Uniquely Toronto
Disclaimer: Any Trademarks mentioned in this post are owned by the respective Trademark owner. There could be unintentional errors or omissions in this post. Always refer to the official sites to confirm details and any ongoing changes or updates. This post is subject to change without notice. Any offers mentioned in this post are also subject to change without notice.